The Bluebirds' Secret LbNA #69822
|Plant date:||Apr 4, 2016|
The Edge of Moorpark Highlands
Not yet found!
|Hike distance:||1 mi|
|Last edited:||Apr 20, 2016|
- Start at Mammoth Highlands Park, at 7000 Elk Run Loop in Moorpark.
- From the northeast corner of the park, find the trailhead that leads north behind the houses.
- Follow the trail along the fence and bougainvillea, with lots and lots of hills on the right.
- Go up the steep incline.
- At Ridgecrest Dr., stop and admire the view.
- Cross Ridgecrest Dr.
- Continue on the fenced trail heading up the hill. Depending on the time of year, there may be wildflowers in bloom on your right. Note: It is illegal to pick the California Poppy, our state flower, on state property!
- Pass the covered bench and continue up the hill.
- Stop at the top of the hill and admire the view again. Can you see the Channel Islands in the distance?
- Continue along the fenced trail, until you can joyfully take the trail connector to the Happy Camp Canyon Regional Park on your right.
- Make a sharp right at the T so you start to head towards the golf course.
- Head down the hill.
- Before the barbed wire fence, turn right. Follow the path towards the drainage channel.
- Before you cross the drainage channel, look to your left. There should be a hydrant.
- At the base of the hydrant, you will find the secret of the Bluebirds under some rocks! Troop 66703 thanks you for finding it!