Ma & Pa Box LbNA # 9976 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Aug 10 2004|
|Location||Bel Air, MD|
|Found By||StepCatScout (Attempted) |
|Last Update||Jul 5 2010 |
Still going strong with new inkpad - 10/4/08
This box is located on the Ma & Pa trail. Ma & Pa is short for the Maryland and Pennsylvania RR. The RR ran from 1884 until 1958 for 26 miles throughout Harford County. It had a very curving path which caused the train to have to run at only 10-15 miles per hour. The upside of which is that it ran through a lot of scenic areas which make for good walking. In the 1990's it was made into a recreation trail for walking, biking, and horseback riding.
From the 95.
Take exit 77B, Bel Air.
Go North on the 24 for five miles.
Turn left onto route 1.
Turn right onto Tollgate.
Park by the "Tool" Arch on the right side, across the road from the equestrian center.
- Start your walk from the Arch.
- Walk to the 3/4 mile marker.
- Soon after this you will see a sign saying "Best Buy Spur" on the right of the trail.
- Turn around and take 30 paces back the way you came.
- You will see two fallen trees on the right side of the trail. Follow the second one you came to. Walk along the length of it. The tree is an "arrow" pointing at a hollow stump. Inside the stump under some rocks is the box you seek.
- Be Discreet this is a highly active trail.
- The stamp is big, you may need a whole page of your log.
Email us when you've found it.