GO and Explore Your World! - Canada LbNA # 57942 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Jun 1 2011|
|Found By||Mamaw Ladybug|
|Last Update||Aug 18 2011|
This letterbox was part of the 2011 GO and Explore Your World! program, and was available from June 1, 2011 - September 5, 2011. Stay tuned for the 5th annual GO York program, to start in June 2012. Information about the program may be found at www.goyork.org.
The GO and Explore Your World! program uses checkpoints - wooden posts with engraved plates attached to them - instead of traditional letterboxes and stamps. Please carefully rub an impression from the engraved plate into your Passport (program guide), available at any York County Library.
This letterbox is located in Farquhar Park. It is rated "easy" by GO York standards.
- Park in the small parking lot on the corner of Newberry Street and Madison Avenue.
- Locate the flagpole and walk to it.
- At the flagpole, turn left and follow the path along the water's edge counting three light posts.
- Turn left at the third light post and walk up the hill.
- Look for a wooden telephone pole with a light on it. The checkpoint is nearby.