Eye of the Rose LbNA # 38723
|Placed Date||Apr 4 2008|
|Found By||Angel Winks|
|Last Found||Dec 11 2010|
This box has been recarved and replaced in the same spot. Please take care to rehide well.
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet..."
William Shakespeare (Romeo & Juliet 1594) was quite right.
But you already knew that, didn't you?
Let's see how much you really know about roses:
1. Rose _ _ _ _ are often consumed for their vitamin C content.
2. The main pest of roses is _ _ _ _ _ _.
3. Doing this promotes reblooming - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
4. Rose hips are a favorite food of these birds, thrushes and _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
5. Sharp objects along rose vines are _ _ _ _ _ _.
6. The rose is the state flower of which four U.S. states?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _; _ _ _ - _ _ _ _; _ _ _ _; _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _.
7. The blue rose symbolizes _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
Use your answers to solve the starting point for this box.
35 21 44 614
71 75 21 38 53 44
13 33 54 626
Take the easternmost path from the parking lot and travel quite a distance until you find a tree surrounded by asphalt.
Take a right and another right immediately after onto different footing.
Follow the zig-zag path, notice the Y on the right. Make a hard right, pass the trashcan, another right, zig then zag then zig again. Pass the clump of pines. Check out the gnarly pussywillow tree on the right. If you pass marker 4 you have gone too far.
Continue on your journey, when you reach the hard path a left will take you back to the beginning.