Starr Library LbNA # 33689
|Placed Date||Aug 1 2007|
|Last Found||Oct 19 2012|
CLUES UPDATED 2/22/12
Starr Library is located on West Market Street in Rhinebeck, NY.
All letterbox clues below may be answered using the following website http://www.starrlibrary.org/
Clue # 1
• We are the 2nd oldest library in the Mid-Hudson system. True or False? _____
• What is the Library Director’s last name? _____ _____ _____ _____
• Using the library catalog Click on “Advanced Search” and in the box on the right (Other Search
Options) select “Call #”. Enter the answers above (with a space between them) in the search
field, restrict the search to “Rhinebeck”, and list the number of titles with this call no. _____
• Multiply this number by the number of hours the library is open on Sunday. _____
• Enter this number in space #1 in the Answer Field.
Clue # 2
• From the library catalog main search screen under “Format” select eBooks.
• Click on “Advanced Searching for Downloadable e-Books”
• Scroll down to find out how many “Supported Devices” there are that run Windows®.
• Enter this number in space #2 in the Answer Field.
Clue # 3
• From the library’s home page click on “OnLine Resources”
• Select the Languages database that is named after a tropical fruit.
• In how many different languages may a user access a complete 100-lesson language course?
• Enter this number in space #3 in the Answer Field.
Clue # 4
• Using the library catalog, do a subject search on “T-shirts” and restrict the search to “Rhinebeck”.
Only one of the results has a title that begins with a two-digit number. Enter that number to the
right of the decimal point (#s 4 and 5) in the Answer Field.
Clue # 5
• Using the library catalog, search for a book by the author Tony Abbott that was published in 2011,
and enter the title below.
____ ____ ____ ____ ____ -- ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
• Enter the 1st, 6th, and 8th letters from above in the last 3 spaces (#s 6, 7 and 8) of the Answer Field.
Call No: ____ ____ ____ . ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
1 2 3. 4 5 6 7 8
Walk to the section of the library where this book can be found and you should find what you’re
looking for!! Congratulations!
Please remember to respect the library rules as you enjoy working on these clues. Avoid inky
fingers on the books and tables. Have fun!!
For a list of all the library letterboxes in the Mid-Hudson Library System, please look here: