Nuts2U LbNA # 27564
|Placed Date||Dec 2 2006|
|Last Update||Mar 7 2015|
Sorry, I'm all out of peanut brittle right now. I'll bring some to the next event I attend and save a piece for you, okay? But here's the recipe if you'd like to make some yourself....
The secret ingredient? Just add a chunk of PZKut to the container and serve!
Nut Brittle (microwaved)
1. Mix 1 cup sugar and .5 cup white corn syrup in a large (1.5 quart) microwaveable bowl*. Use a wooden spoon and you can leave it right in the bowl. MW for 3-4 minutes until sugar is dissolved and mixture is hot and bubbly.
2. Stir in 1 cup roasted, salted nuts (peanuts, mixed, etc.), MW 3-5 minutes until light brown.
3. Add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp butter to hot syrup. Mix well. MW 1-2 more minutes. Nuts will be lightly browned and syrup will be very hot.
4. Stir in 1 tsp baking soda. Mixture will become light and frothy.
5. Pour onto lightly buttered (or non-stick) cookie sheet. Allow to cool about 1 hour and break into bite sized pieces. Store in an airtight container.
* A one-quart Pyrex measuring cup is just about the right size, though be careful of boilovers. The syrup is very hot. If you donít have such a measuring cup, some sort of bowl with a handle is best. Itís difficult sometimes to maneuver scraping the hot mixture out of the bowl otherwise.
For cleanup, just soak the bowl in hot water until the sugar mixture melts (drape a wet dishrag over any syrup that solidifies on the lip of the bowl).
Cooking times will vary, depending on the wattage of your microwave. Try the shortest time first. You may be able to omit the cooking in step 3.