Where? Oh Where?  LbNA # 2240

Placed DateMar 10 2002
Location???, NJ
Found By ???
Last Found Nov 13 2010
Hike Distance?

Originally planted by PCLG. Adopted with permission by Jersey Trailblazers

First planted in 2002, this series was in need of maintenance in 2008 and has now been restored/replanted with portions of the original clue slightly modified as needed. The stamps for this series, which are a duplicate of the original water damaged PCLG stamps, were carved by The Pakrat.


Hike: Moderate - Approx. 1 1/2 - 2 hours

Terrain: Woodland paths with occasional moderate hills. While most of the paths are well worn, they can get muddy and slippery in wet weather and. Watch for mountain bikers and the occasional horse.


We always headed out on our hikes in the early mornings and my Dad told me stories about the place we were going to visit. My favorite story happens to be about the place weíre going to today. He told me how very long ago this beautiful high place was first bought from the Lenni-Lenape and then granted to settlers and how the Indian Princess Wetumka prevented its settlers from being massacred because she was in love with one of them.

Once we were out of that terrible traffic, we headed to the northern end of the big water following the way that Tracy led and stopped our car there to begin our journey.

Today, our journey begins as soon as I jump out of the car. I canít wait to get going, but Iíll try to be patient while you read up on the notices or perhaps peruse a map. Now Iím anxious. Please take the trail at 336 degrees and letís get started.

Youíre looking confused, so Iíll give you this one. After that, youíre on your own. Iíll tell the story-you follow along. Cross over that bridge and weíll continue.

It was quite wet the last time we were here and there were horseshoe prints in the mud. Horses are big and big animals scare me. Lucky for me, we came to a path that took us in reverse and away from the horses. Before we turned, Dad stopped. He always stops at the red. Then, he made a call on his cell phone. Red is my favorite color, by the way.

We walked down this path. I lost count of how many steps I took, but Dad said it was 75 as we came to the second step. It was here, when I looked away at 196 degrees, I saw a most horrifying sightóthe Loch Ness Monster. Dad stood there laughing at me and told me it was just a tree trunk in the water.

I kept looking at that monster and saw that Dad was right. The trees here sure took on confusing shapes. "Then," I thought, "if thatís not the Loch Ness Monster, that other one over there to the West is not a Big Daddy holding his little baby either." Dad held me and called me his little sprout. Still laughing, he reminded me that even the biggest, roughest, and towering manís heart could be found whenever he held a baby in his arms, even if his heart was hidden under a pile of rocks.

Once Dad's heart was found and I was calm and most of all, the horses had passed; we went back up to where we turned away from the horses and continued on our way. (I guess by now I should introduce myself. My name is...W....)

Sorry, I got sidetracked. We came to a Y and had to decide which way to go. Being as willful as I am, I wanted to run up the hill, but Dad would not let me. It was a tug-of-war, but he won this time and we headed over the big water. Now, where was I? Oh yes, my name...

Another intersection. Oh boy. Decisions, decisions. The drainage ditch looked like a fun place, but Dad wouldn't let me go in it. Instead, we continued straight ahead and our decision was made.

We continued on our way and the Blazen Foxes assured us we were on the right track. Soon after we came to a spot where the blazes seemed to go in different directions, since we liked adventure, we proceeded along the path not yet taken.

We followed this winding path for a while. I jumped over logs while Dad went around them on the path. We separated a few times, but we joined up again and continued side by side. As we approached what used to be a small creek, Dad was sad to see that it was recently transformed into a drainage ditch. As we crossed over it we paused for a moment.

They say a rolling stone gathers no moss and from the looks of this group they had not rolled in a very long time. Three towering sentinels stood vigil over them as they slumbered. A rest seemed in order for us too. So, I settled myself in a little nook in the rocks and decided to tell you my name.

We continued South toward a fence that I think penned in those big, mean horses. Dad said he would carry me, but I wanted to walk. Together we went up to the fence and onto a path that led to a small open grassy field and then onto a dark gray gravel road. That was much better; at least it was not wet and muddy. I hate getting my feet wet and should have let him carry me.

We could have gone in either direction and we looked to each other for guidance. Dad flipped a coin and I called heads. Secretly, I was hoping we would go in any direction that would get us away from that fence and the horses. Luckily, I won. And we headed North West.

We continued, unsure of where we were, but came upon a familiar sight. "Look" He said. "Thatís where we parked." That meant nothing to me since I was on a mission and had one last place to go. One road led to the car and two roads would have taken us back to where the horses were. So, I did the only thing I could to complete my missionóI headed south again and Dad tagged along.

The end of my journey was near and I could see the long day coming to an end. The road was climbing slightly and I was I very tired. My gaze was to the ground and I saw a tree to the East obviously agreeing with me as its mouth was open and yawning. I had to investigate and it looked like a good place to curl up in. While I sniffed around it, something suddenly caught my attention. Off I went at 240 degrees. Youíd think that with all these trees any dog would be in her glory, but I was 'stumped'....and went up the left side, found an open spot to climb over and then decided to investigate a rock nestled among some branches.

These boxes have been hidden well to keep them safe. Please rehide them where you found them. Please do not let children rehide boxes without assistance. Steps are single and are based on an average step - not long strides.

The three stamps in this series are meant to be stamped in order (each inside the one before it) to form a single image. Finding the boxes in order will make this process easier. Please stamp one at a time and rehide the boxes - do not collect them all to stamp later.

The original color scheme for the stamps from first to third was: blue, red, pink.