Giant's History LbNA # 19956
|Placed Date||Jan 9 2006|
|Last Update||Oct 23 2015|
The second half of the nineteenth century saw cottages built on many of the Giant's Violet ridges. The summer Manmade homes were used by many local notables for either Stop Here overnight stays or summer-long Right Side residency. Many ingenious devices Between Last Rows were used to provide comforts at these remote locations Under Concrete. The highlight of this era was john h. dickerman's opening of blue hills park on july 4, 1888 when local residents Behind Trap Doors were invited to travel a carriage road that had been constructed On Ground Level to a pavilion on the fourth ridge for a "basket picnic" which included ice cream Bonus.
Judge willis cook Right Red Hexagon who owned the first ridge Right Blue or the giant's head had a Stay On ox road built to the top of the head so he could transport Unmarked building materials for a cottage Trail. Parts of this road Forty-Five Degree Tree Over Head are now the blue trail on the north side Right To Ridge View of the head. By 1911 however vandals had become such a Small Cave problem that judge cook decided to accept an offer Before View from the mount carmel traprock company to lease the land for quarrying.