|Placed Date||Sep 5 2005|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
These 3 letterboxes can be found along the coastal trail in san francisco.
1. Start in the parking lot at Merrie & Point Lobos
2. Follow the Coastal Trail to Camino Del Mar (on the right)
3. Cross little bridge
4. Go up 19 stairs
5. Look left for a tangle of tree trunks -- box one is under right most trunk
6. Continue down the the Coastal Trail
7. Take the first left down the stairs toward the water (steps across from two garbage cans)
8. At the first intersection stay straight (don't go down the stairs to the beach)
9. Proceed 33 normal size steps from intersection.
10. Turn right and take 9 steps (up a little path)(if you fall of the cliff, you've gone too far)
11. Turn right and look beneath the low evergreen shrub for box two
12. Enjoy amazing view of golden gate bridge!
13. Continue down the Coastal Trail until you reach the steps at the "Painted Rock" sign
14. Go up the steps to the very top of the hill (after the steps)
15. On the right, there is a short steep path (you will step over an exposed tree root).
16. After about 10 feet you will be in a small clearing at the top.
17. Turn right and take 9 steps.
18. On your right will be a crop of pines. Turn toward them and you should see Mt. Tam across the bay.
19. Box three is about 5 paces in at the base of the pines, between you and Mt Tam.