Hugs and Kisses LbNA # 13707 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Mar 5 2005|
|Planted By||mtnbikemanns |
Da Kool Kats |
Mar 13 2005 |
SORRY TEMPORARILY PULLED
Hugs and Kisses Letterbox is Located at the Hershey Visitors Center in Oakdale, CA. Hershey no longer offers tours of their factory so the visitors center is the best we can do for this letterbox.
Located at the junction of highways 108 and 120 in the city of Oakdale. Park in side parking lot between Cowboy Museum and Hershey Visitors Center. At side entrance you should see employee parking area, walk to back of building. Concrete will end and gravel begins to surround bottom of foundation of building. 1 1/2 feet from the beginning of gravel 3 larger rocks cover micro letterbox buried just under foundation. Please be discreet lots of foot traffic.
Hand Carved Stamp
1. Hershey Kisses first began production in 1907 wrapped by dozens of women by hand.
2. The candy was named for the sound of motion of the chocolate being deposited during manufacturing process.
3. 80 million Hershey kisses are made every day. 33 million of that amount at the Oakdale Factory.
4. The street lamps are shaped like Hershey kisses in Hershey, PA
5. It takes 99 kisses to equal one pound of chocolate.
6. In 1942, production of Hershey Kisses was halted to save foil for the war effort.
7. Hershey Hugs got their name because they look like little chocolates being hugged by white chocolate.
8. The largest Hershey kiss weighed 6759 pounds this is equivalent to 675,900 regular size kisses. Now recorded in Guiness World Records.